[Python-ideas] PyPI search still broken

David Wilson dw+python-ideas at hmmz.org
Thu Sep 10 01:01:30 CEST 2015

Hi there,

My 2.5 year old offer to retrofit the old codebase with a new search
system still stands[1]. :)  There is no reason for this to be a complex
affair, the prototype built back then took only a few hours to complete.

No doubt the long term answer is probably "Warehouse fixes this", but
Warehouse seems no nearer a reality than it did in 2013.

David

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/%22david$20wilson%22$20search$20pypi/pypa-dev/ZjUNkczsKos/2et8926YOQYJ