[Python-ideas] Python's Source of Randomness and the random.py module Redux

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:02:00 CEST 2015

On 10 September 2015 at 15:21, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> which is however
> easily fixed by changing ``import random`` to
> ``import random; random = random.DeterministicRandom()`` or we can deprecate

Switching (somewhat hypocritically :-)) from an "I'm a naive user"
stance, to talking about deeper issues as if I knew what I was talking
about, this change results in each module getting a separate instance
of the generator. That has implications on the risks of correlated
results. It's unlikely to cause issues in real life, conceded.

Paul