[Python-ideas] Should our default random number generator be secure?

Alexander Walters tritium-list at sdamon.com
Sat Sep 12 05:29:15 CEST 2015

My final thoughts on this entire topic is this:

The suggestions made here, and in the other thread, are pointless api
breaking changes that do no effect the stated target audience (people
who actually need secure random numbers but are not getting them
correctly - they will still find a way to do it wrong, changing the api
wont fix that).  The net effect is a longer support burden on 2.x - this
proposes another porting headache for NO reason.