[Python-ideas] (no subject)

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Tue Apr 12 13:07:02 EDT 2016

Nicholas Chammas <nicholas.chammas at ...> writes:
> It's easy to think that Python is somehow developed by an organization
that decides top-down what's going to get done and who's going to do what,
allocating resources as needed. After all, that's how a typical company works.

> In the Python community (and perhaps in most open-source communities not
dominated by a backing company) I gather the rules are very different.

This is an excellent point.  I think that one of the problems is
that the Python website is entirely dominated by the PSF.

Perhaps it is time to put a little more emphasis on development
again.

Stefan Krah