[Python-ideas] Module lifecycle: simple alternative to PEP 3121/PEP 489

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Thu Apr 14 11:07:28 EDT 2016

Nikita Nemkin <nikita at ...> writes:
> I understand that existing PEPs are well researched and there's no
> real incentive to change. My proposal is more of a hypothetical kind.

Petr obviously has researched all this carefully, but there is
an incentive: _decimal for example takes a speed hit of 20% with
PEP-3121, so it's not implemented.  I suspect that the later PEP
also slows down modules (which does not matter most of the time).

Any new proposal should absolutely include the performance issue.

Stefan Krah