[Python-ideas] size of the installation of Python on mobile devices

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Aug 2 08:37:43 EDT 2016

Nick Coghlan writes:

 > The fact the existence of these *doesn't* readily spring to mind
 > for folks not actively involved in Linux distro maintenance is a
 > point in favour of why I think what Xavier is suggesting is
 > reasonable:

I don't, and never did, think it's unreasonable -- sourceless makes a
lot of technical sense to me in several environments, and I don't see
any "ethical" reason to discourage sourceless in those environments
either.

Based on the evidence presented so far, I think adding to core is
premature and the feature would benefit from cooperation among
interested parties in a development environment that can move far
faster than core will.  But I concede I have no experience with this
kind of option in Python to match yours or Xavier's.