[Python-ideas] From mailing list to GitHub issues

Arek Bulski arek.bulski at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:31:06 EDT 2016

I have been a subscriber only for few weeks now but I dont like the mailing
list at all. First, I get all the topics even tho Windows encoding is not
of my interest. Second, most of the text is auto quotes anyway. Third,
editing posts can sometimes be helpful, for correcting typos and such.

I think it would be beneficial to use GitHub issues instead, one for each
topic and perhaps one for general notifications like announcing new topics
or forum wide announcements.

Unfortunately it seems that moving away from existing ways always meets
with a lot of inertia. On the other hand, python is probably one of most
actively developed langs around so maybe it is doable. I put my proposal on
the forum floor to discuss.

Cheers to all active participants.