[Python-ideas] From mailing list to GitHub issues

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Sun Aug 14 04:57:44 EDT 2016

We are all interacting from different points in or own personal
development, in addition to growth and changes in how we interact with
technology.

I used to care about top posting. Email netiquette and rules and all that.
I'd perform delicate inlining of responses to promote better readability
and really give them readers the ideal experience. Or whatever.

(I'm not sure inlining and bottom posting is even better. Top posting lets
me read the most relevant discussion first and follow the signal back to
source if I wanted at leisure. This is a good way to maximize time spent
learning from refined thoughts instead of emergent ones)

Mobile dominates my non-work net-time today. I don't want to get out a
laptop to respond pretty. I have elementary kids now and life is faster.
Email is almost by design static and unable to change. Text. Walls of it!
Every message in this thread looks like a jagged unique snowflake.

Email doesn't need to change. It's already the common denominator. The next
thing will certainly email you! There is value in it and it is recognized.

Should people younger than myself care about all the garbage I too see as
relic? Making discussion more accessible and individually
relevant/impactful is all that really matters. We should explore ways to do
that!