[Python-ideas] Consider having collections.abc.Sequence

Emanuel Barry vgr255 at live.ca
Fri Aug 19 08:35:47 EDT 2016

Arek Bulski wrote:

> Could use all(a==b for zip(seq,seq2))

Or even `all(itertools.starmap(operator.eq, zip(a, b)))` if you prefer, but this isn’t about how easy or clever or obfuscated one can write that; it’s about convenience. ABCs expose the lowest common denominator for concrete classes of their kind, and having __eq__ makes sense for Sequence (I’m surprised that it’s not already in).

I think we can skip the Python-ideas thread and go straight to opening an issue and submitting a patch :) Neil, care to do that?

-Emanuel