[Python-ideas] Let’s make escaping in f-literals impossible

Philipp A. flying-sheep at web.de
Tue Aug 30 12:56:38 EDT 2016

Hi Guido, thanks for calling me out.

Yikes, I'm terribly sorry that it came over that way!

I'll write the RFC. Should I expand the existing one (this would need
Chris’ pending changes though) or write a new one?

My goals were to sound factual and terse, not to insult anyone. And I don't
see the flaws in my phrasing, so it seems I'm still sometimes bad at
written communication.

@everyone who perceived it as Guido did: It would be really nice if you
could pinpoint the phrases and reasons that make it seem that I mean it
that way. (In a private mail to me)

Best, Philipp