[Python-ideas] New PyThread_tss_ C-API for CPython

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:04:25 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Erik Bray <erik.m.bray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't written this up in the proper PEP format because I want to
> see if the idea has some broader support first, and it's also not
> clear to me whether C-API changes (especially to undocumented APIs)
> even require their own PEP.

You're pretty close to proper PEP format. Like others, I don't have
enough knowledge of threading internals to speak to the technical side
of it, but this is a well-written proposal and I agree in principle
with tightening this up. The need for a PEP basically comes down to
whether or not it's going to be controversial; a PEP allows you to
hash out the details and then present a coherent proposal to Guido (or
his delegate) for final approval.

ChrisA