[Python-ideas] AtributeError inside __get__

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:38:53 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:33 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 December 2016 at 05:53, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>> On 12/30/2016 07:10 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>> What module would be appropriate, though?
>>
>> Well, DynamicClassAttribute is kept in the types module, so that's
>> probably the place to put optionalproperty as well.
>
> I'd also be OK with just leaving it as a builtin.

FWIW, I've felt for a while that the "types" module is becoming a
catchall for stuff that would be more appropriate in a new
"classtools" module (a la functools).  I suppose that's what "types"
has become, but I personally prefer the separate modules that make the
distinction and would rather that "types" looked more like it does in
2.7.  Perhaps this would be a good time to get that ball rolling or
maybe it's just too late.  I'd like to think it's the former,
especially since I consider "classtools" a module that has room to
grow.

-eric