[Python-ideas] List Comprehensions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Feb 8 21:12:25 EST 2016

Michael Selik writes:

 > One could take the itertools module and map all sorts of operators
 > to its features:

One could, but I find it hard to think of use cases where you need a
concise operator language for dealing with general iterables.  The
only case I can think of is array algebra, which could deal with
general iterables but in practice limits itself to fixed-dimension
arrays.  Even that has been perennially controversial despite the
wealth of applications (and the passion of its advocates :-).