[Python-ideas] A bit meta

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:55:45 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016, at 11:49, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> Creating an instance of a S.O. like site, does not mean getting an
> official
> Stack Exchange site-  just instantiate some OpenSource product that
> have the same look and feel (and responsiveness)   I know that Ubuntu
> people run something similar,
> for example.

Ask Ubuntu is, in fact, a real Stack Exchange site (AIUI they did the
"special arrangement" thing). Stack Exchange's software is not itself
open source, though
http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/2267/stack-exchange-clones lists
some "clones" (other software packages that provide varying degrees of
the same look and feel).