[Python-ideas] Make types.MappingProxyType hashable

Emanuel Barry vgr255 at live.ca
Thu Jul 28 18:23:35 EDT 2016

Oh, I didn't know that this was just a view over an actual dict. I guess that solves the question :)

> What real-world use case do you have for this?

Not me, actually. Someone in #python asked about an immutable dict, and I pointed them towards mappingproxy, only to realize it wasn't hashable. Maybe something like frozendict could be added, though? At this point I don't really have an opinion, so it's up to the list to decide if they want it or not :)

-Emanuel