[Python-ideas] Smoothing transition to Python 3

Neil Schemenauer nas-pythonideas at arctrix.com
Sat Jun 4 07:34:06 EDT 2016

On 2016-06-04, Paul Moore wrote:
> Who do you propose develops that version? Will you do so to help the
> next group of people in your situation?

I'm proposing to help.  Here is a very early start:

https://github.com/nascheme/ppython

> But the people who've asked for such a thing in the past have
> apparently never been sufficiently convinced it was a worthwhile
> effort to put their own time into it.

Given the choice of porting your code to Python 3 or developing this
transitional Python to help you, it is easy to see why people choose
the former option.  However, if you look at the millions of lines of
Python 2 code that is yet to be ported, I think the idea has some merit.

  Neil