[Python-ideas] Proposal for special name and qualname symbols

Brendan Barnwell brenbarn at brenbarn.net
Wed Jun 8 14:28:00 EDT 2016

On 2016-06-08 09:09, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Proposal: we introduce two special symbols to represent the name and
> qualname at any point. They can be used anywhere an identifier can be
> used.

	Do you mean "anywhere an identifier can be used on the right-hand side
of an assignment statement"?  Presumably these would not be allowed
outside of assignment statements.  Would they be allowed on augmented
assignment statements?

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no