[Python-ideas] Pseudo-package for current directory

Rob Cliffe rob.cliffe at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 7 19:32:35 EST 2016

Sorry if I'm belabouring the point, I should have included this in my
last e-mail.
But you seem to be saying that when I write
     import xyz
and I mean "import xyz from the current directory, not from the stdlib
[or whatever]"
I have to know the names of all the modules in the stdlib [or whatever].
Or else *always* add some boilerplate whenever I mean "import from the
current directory".  Well, maybe, but I am sure a lot of the time I
couldn't be bothered, and then some day I'd run into a
not-immediately-obvious bug.
I.e.: Changing the current behaviour would surprise me.
Rob Cliffe