[Python-ideas] Quick idea: defining variables from functions that take the variable name

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue May 31 11:43:27 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 08:27:28AM -0700, David Mertz wrote:
> This is bikeshedding a bit, but a keyword that looks good to me:
>
> expose Typevar as T
> expose Symbol as X

"expose" sounds like it is taking something hidden or private and
exposing it to the public. It doesn't give any hint that it takes the
name T and uses it as an argument to Typevar. I would take it as
meaning:

take the (possibly internal or private) thing Typevar, and bind it to
the name T

with no hint that Typevar was being called.

--
Steve