[Python-ideas] Reduce/fold and scan with generator expressions and comprehensions

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sun Nov 6 15:00:14 EST 2016

Danilo J. S. Bellini writes:

 > About the effort, do you really find the examples below with the new
 > proposed syntax difficult to understand?

No.  I just don't see how they would become tools I would use.  My main
interest here was in your claim to have economic applications, but the
examples you give don't seem to offer big wins for the kind of
calculations I, my students, or my colleagues do.  Perhaps you will
have better luck interesting/persuading others.