[Python-ideas] Proposal: Tuple of str with w'list of words'

Gary Godfrey g.pythonideas at wamp.us
Sat Nov 12 13:20:33 EST 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM David Mertz <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:

> Just spend the extra two characters to do this with existing syntax:
>  w('field1 field2 field3'). Implementation of the w() function is trivial.

I've done that as well and see that done.  Sometimes with s('field1
field2'), sometimes with other characters.  Sometimes with two letter
functions.

Part of what I'd like to do here is make it so there's one way that most
people do this.  If you look through data analytics books and examples, the
default is ['field1', 'field2' 'field3'].  That's a lot of little
characters to type correctly and it's error prone (for instance, did you
immediately notice that I was missing a "," in that example? Python will
silently make that ['field1','field2field3']).

Cheers,
Gary