[Python-ideas] Support for OAuth2/OIDC in the standard distribution ?

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Nov 16 11:37:25 EST 2016

On 11/16/2016 03:51 AM, Roland Hedberg wrote:

> My question to you is if it would be possible to get an OAuth2/OIDC implementation like mine
> to be part of the Python standard distribution.
>
> I realise that I will have to rewrite parts of pyoidc because presently it uses modules
> (for instance pycryptdome and requests) that are not part of the standard distribution.

My concern with a rewrite is that your code is no longer thoroughly tested.  Of course, this depends in large part on the completeness of your unit tests.

I agree with Cory that discoverability is the problem to solve.

You can help with that somewhat by seeding sites like StackOverflow with the information.*

--
~Ethan~

* SO is not very tolerant of questions looking for opinion-based answers such as software recommendations, so make sure you phrase your question as "How do I do XXX using pyoidc?" and your answer can also include other links on the OIDC subject.