[Python-ideas] Technical possibilities for a syntax [was: Reverse assignment operators ...]

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:48:39 EST 2016

On 16 November 2016 at 10:27, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 November 2016 at 08:51, Mikhail V <mikhailwas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What semantics it will fundamentally break or so hard to implement?
>
> I'm afraid I don't have time at the moment to fully review your email,
> but my first impression is that you are proposing that the name "self"
> be treated specially. It's going to be very difficult to convince
> people that this is a good idea.

Oh Paul, come on, pleeeeease.
I am making an **example**. Write a "poo" instead or a poo pile character,
whatever. You think I am an idiot and don't know that there is "self" in OOP.
When I was writing that I just thought, should I make a special note
that I am making it only for example, but then thought, oh that would
be too pedantic.
You say you have no time and write a whole page about it,
so don't blame me that I take too much time from you.

Mikhail