[Python-ideas] Support for OAuth2/OIDC in the standard distribution ?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Nov 16 16:06:31 EST 2016

Cory Benfield wrote:
> Instead, we should aim
> to solve the actual problem: how do we provide tools to allow users to find
> the best-in-class solutions to their problems from the third-party Python
> ecosystem?

Perhaps there could be a curated area on PyPI, maintained
by core developers or people appointed by them, where
the packages considered best-in-class would be placed.

Instead of lobbying to get a package into the stdlib (a
very high barrier to cross) people would then have the
option of lobbying to get it stamped as "recommended" on
PyPI.

--
Greg