[Python-ideas] Generator-based context managers can't skip __exit__

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Fri Nov 18 14:27:23 EST 2016

On 06.11.2016 09:07, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I'm having a lot of difficulty in understanding your use-case here,
> and so maybe I've completely misunderstood something.

Although, this thread is dead for a week or so, I am still curious to
hear the real-world use-case. I am equally puzzled by the fact that
somebody really wants to use a context manager not to work like a
context manager; without even considering not to use context managers at
all and using regular functions instead.

Cheers,
Sven