[Python-ideas] Technical possibilities for a syntax [was: Reverse assignment operators ...]

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 18 18:13:00 EST 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:31:21AM -0800, Ethan Furman wrote:
> On 11/18/2016 11:19 AM, Mikhail V wrote:
> >On 18 November 2016 at 01:26, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
> I'm not seeing D'Aprano's posts, except in Mikhail's replies -- Mikhail, is
> he replying directly to you?  If so, please stop including Python Ideas in
> your replies.

I'm not replying off-list, but something has clearly gone wrong with the
mailing list. (I'm BCC'ing the list owners.)

My earlier post (the one Mikhail has replied to) shows up in the
ActiveState archive:

http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-ideas/43270/

but not in the official python-list archive:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2016-November/thread.html

Later I see a reply from Ethan to a question posed by Chris Angelico

http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-ideas/43276/

but I never received Chris' question. Neither Chris' question nor
Ethan's response show up in the pipermail archive.

--
Steve