[Python-ideas] Distribution agnostic Python project packaging

James Pic jamespic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:37:21 EST 2016

Hi all,

Please let me thank you for sharing some of your insight and passion, and
for your tolerance, I'm sorry I thought it would be the best mailing list
to go ahead and bluntly propose to have something like jars in python core.

It's really great to see such a variety of solutions, and I've been trying
to study some of them. The container image based solutions using LXD is
definitely somewhere we're going on the long term, and conda seems like a
good replacement for virtualenv in production.

Best regards,

James, from Angoulême B)