[Python-ideas] Shuffled

Arek Bulski arek.bulski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 21:59:10 EDT 2016

shuffled() should be in the random module, of course. I dont suggest a
builtin. Although now that you mentioned it, I could go for that too.

There are usage cases where its heavily used, in randomized testing for
example. I am sure that there are also other domains where randomization of
lists is used.

Another reason to put it there is that using shuffle is inconvenient. The
fact that I CAN write it myself doesnt mean that it doesnt belong in the
standard library.

Implementing this in pure python wont take a lot of work.

pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz Bulski