[Python-ideas] PEP 530: Asynchronous Comprehensions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Sep 7 12:48:35 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for accepting the PEP!  Will focus on the implementation now.

You're welcome! Good luck with the implementation.

@Nick, regarding the suggestion to use

instead of

I think the lack of grammaticality is actually a feature -- we don't
want people to confuse `async <iterable>` with `await <iterable>`.
Python has no other postfix syntax like this (unless you count f(),
d[k] or x.a as postfix) so I don't think people are likely to mistake
this for an 'async' postfix on <expr> rather than a prefix on 'for'.
Hopefully they've seen an 'async for' statement before they encounter
an async comprehension.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)