[Python-ideas] Shuffled

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:05:08 EDT 2016

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 5:34 AM, Arek Bulski <arek.bulski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So, why can't you call random.shuffle(all_tests) if you want to run your tests in random order?
>
> I dont randomize test order. People should stop assuming that they know better.
That's the best I could do given the minimal explanation that you provided.
> I need to randomize some arguments for one particular test and I cannot call shuffle between tests.
I still don't understand what you want.
> Its a continous list of declarative tests.
What is "Its"?
> Needs to be shuffled().
This sentence would benefit from having a subject.

> https://github.com/construct/construct/blob/master/tests/test_all.py
> See?
No.  Not without further assumptions.
> No way to put imperative code between tests.
Maybe you could show how you would write what you want with a "shuffled" function.