[Python-ideas] from __pip__ import

אלעזר elazarg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:15:13 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 3:06 AM Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 09/19/2016 04:38 PM, אלעזר wrote:
>
> > I was talking specifically about advanced courses, in which an assignment
> >  is "implement a side-channel attack using data" and you can use whatever
> >  library you like.
>
> Am I misunderstanding, or did you just say you want this new functionality
> in order to implement attacks on people's computers?

This is completely off topic (the feature is irrelevant to the contents of
the course).
But - you are misunderstanding :) And yes I took a course in which I was
expected to demonstrate attacks on people's computers using e.g.
correlation power analysis. It was based on fake data but yes. They also
give courses in which you learn that there's these things called man in the
middle, buffer overflows and return-oriented programming!

Elazar