[Python-ideas] What about regexp string litterals : re".*" ?

Neil Girdhar mistersheik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 04:25:55 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:31 AM Mark Lawrence via Python-ideas <
python-ideas at python.org> wrote:

> On 03/04/2017 02:22, Neil Girdhar wrote:
> > Same.  One day, Python will have a decent parsing library.
> >

> Nothing here https://wiki.python.org/moin/LanguageParsing suits your
> needs?

No, unfortunately.

I tried to make a simple grammar that parses latex code, and it was
basically impossible with these tools.

>From what I remember, you need the match objects to be able to accept or
reject their matched sub-nodes.

It's same thing if you want to parse Python in one pass (not the usual two
passes that CPython does whereby it creates an AST and then validates it).
It would be cooler to validate as you go since the errors can be much
richer since you have the whole parsing context?

It's been a while, so I might be forgetting something, but I remember
thinking that I'll check back in five years and see if anything new has
come out.