[Python-ideas] Augmented assignment syntax for objects.

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Wed Apr 26 18:39:53 EDT 2017

On 26/04/17 23:28, Paul Moore wrote:
> Or to put it another way, if the only
> reason for the syntax proposal is performance then show me a case
> where performance is so critical that it warrants a language change.

It's the other way around.

The proposal (arguably) makes the code clearer but does not impact
performance (and is a syntax error today, so does not break existing code).

The suggestions (decorators etc) make the code (arguably) clearer today
without a syntax change, but impact performance.

So, those who think the decorators make for clearer code have to choose
between source code clarity and performance.

E.