[Python-ideas] Repr of lambda

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Dec 18 06:43:53 EST 2017

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 07:54:17AM +0000, Steve Barnes wrote:

> Isn't this exactly the sort of information already available via
> inspect.getardspec, inspect.getsourcelines & inspect.getsource?

[snip ipython interactive session showing that the answer is "Yes"]

You answered your own question: yes it is. What's your point? That's not
a rhetorical question -- I genuinely don't understand why you raise
this. Do you see the existence of inspect.* as negating the usefulness
of giving functions a more useful repr? As proof that the information is
available? Something else?

--
Steve