[Python-ideas] Add an UML class diagram to the collections.abc module documentation

Yahya Abou 'Imran yahya-abou-imran at protonmail.com
Sat Dec 30 11:11:29 EST 2017

We can find very usefull class diagramm to understand the hierarchy of the builtin Collection abstract class and interface in java.

Some examples:
http://www.falkhausen.de/Java-8/java.util/Collection-Hierarchy-simple.html
http://www.falkhausen.de/Java-8/java.util/Collection-List.html

But when I search about python's ABC, The more detailed I can find are those from the book of Luciano Ramalho Fluent Python:
https://goo.gl/images/8JGjvM
https://goo.gl/images/6xZqcA

(I think they're done with pyreverse of pylint)

They are fine, but I think we could provide some other more detailed in this page:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/collections.abc.html

The table could be difficult to understand, a diagram help visualize things.

I've began working on it with plantuml and pyreverse, I'm joining to this mail what I've done so far so you can tell me what you think.