[Python-ideas] if in for-loop statement

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:46:04 EST 2017

On 23 February 2017 at 13:37, Henk-Jaap Wagenaar
<wagenaarhenkjaap at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that this has been suggested before at least once
> (https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-November/075257.html),
> and that thread itself suggests it has been suggested before and shutdown by
> Guido (though no source is given for this).

Thanks for your interest, but as you note this has already been
proposed and rejected (from my personal recollection, more than once).

So the key question is surely, what are you proposing that wasn't
already discussed in previous threads, and why do you think that the
new aspect of your proposal is likely to change Guido's mind?

Sorry to be blunt, but rehashing an already extensively discussed idea
isn't that productive for anyone.

Paul