[Python-ideas] if in for-loop statement

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Feb 23 13:07:20 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 03:33:32PM +0000, Paul Moore wrote:

> Ha. I never even *thought* of putting something like this in the
> devguide. Thanks for the pointer. I'll try to make some time to polish
> up my comments and put a PR together for that.

Paul, at the moment I have neither the time nor the mental energy to
deal with learning the brave New World of Github's way of doing things,
but if you want to adapt my "Things That Won't Change" proto-PEP from
last month, please feel free to do so!

I have an update to the original version, over the next couple of
days, time permitting, I'll clean it up and send it to the list.

> I've thought we should have some sort of "list info" page describing
> things like this and giving some context for posters before now.
> Possibly linked from the automatic footer the list adds. I don't know
> who would be able to do something like that, though.

The obvious places to link to this page are:

- the Python-Ideas signup page;
- the devguide;
- the FAQs.

--