[Python-ideas] Python Reviewed

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:34:00 EST 2017

I just want to point ONE thing out:

On Jan 9, 2017 11:18 PM, "Simon Lovell" <simon58500 at bigpond.com> wrote:

* General comment: I posted this because Googling didn't give me a
satisfactory answer to why Python is the way that it is. I think I see it
now. Guido hates keywords. I don't find this particularly logical but it is
what it is and it also isn't going to change. That seems also to explain
the else keyword at the end of the while loop.

No, it's because every new keyword that you add has the potential to break
code that uses that as a variable name. Python is used by thousands of
places across the globe right now. It would be suicidal to break half of
that because someone felt the need for a new keyword.

I feel like there are two things you're missing:

1. The stark majority of the "review" you made is taking about stuff that
simply isn't going to change. Again, too much code to break.

2. The entirety of the "review" is your opinion. You may love the `end`
keyword and enjoy using it (for some reason), but that doesn't mean it's
*objectively* better. It just means it's better for you. Python is the way
it is because that's the way it is, and we like it that way.

Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura > ryo (supercell/EGOIST) > Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else
http://kirbyfan64.github.io/