[Python-ideas] How to respond to trolling

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 11 11:58:03 EST 2017

 > the effect was dozens of messages with people falling over each
other trying to engage the OP,

Sure -- but all in one thread

> The respondents should have known better.

But we like to kibitz-- that's why (many of us) are on this list.

Anyway, all (most anyway) of the points brought up are :

A) not going to change
B) have been justified / explained in multiple blog posts, wiki pages,
and what have you.

So perhaps the best response would be:

"These are all fairly core Python design decisions -- do some googling
to find out why."

But it made me think that it would be good to have a single place that
addresses these kinds of thing to point people to.

There was the old "python warts" page, but this would be a "python
features page"

Maybe I'll start that if I find the roundtoits.

Or, if it already exists -- someone please point me to it.

-CHB