[Python-ideas] Things that won't change (proposed PEP)

Pavol Lisy pavol.lisy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:36:13 EST 2017

On 1/12/17, Todd <toddrjen at gmail.com> wrote:

> 5. "and" and "or" are short-circuiting operations that return one of the
> two values given.   They will never be non-short-circuiting and they will
> never coerce returned values to boolean.

This one bring question how deep this PEP could be because we could
show what is "impossible" to change but also how to satisfy some needs
without changing language.

& and | are non-short-circuiting and thanks to fact that boolean is
subclass of int (see other section of this PEP!) we could use it
nicely.