[Python-ideas] "Immutable Builder" Pattern and Operator

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 04:32:02 EST 2017

> On 22 Jan 2017, at 22:45, Soni L. <fakedme+py at gmail.com> wrote:

This pattern is present in the cryptography module already with things like their x509.CertificateBuilder: https://cryptography.io/en/latest/x509/reference/#cryptography.x509.CertificateBuilder <https://cryptography.io/en/latest/x509/reference/#cryptography.x509.CertificateBuilder>.

My 2c, but I find that code perfectly readable and legible. I don’t think a dot-equals operator would be needed.

Cory