[Python-ideas] CPython should get...

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Jul 1 12:22:31 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017, 10:38 Koos Zevenhoven, <k7hoven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2017 5:16 PM, "Oleg Broytman" <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 12:09:52PM -0300, "Soni L." <fakedme+py at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > CPython should get a
>
>    You're welcome to create one. Go on, send your pull requests!
>

> But if you are planning to do that, it is still a good idea to ask for
> feedback here first. That will increase the chances of acceptance by a lot.
> Also, it doesn't necessarily need to be your own idea :)

I think Oleg was more responding to the fact that Soni said "CPython
should" do something. Phrasing it that way comes off as demanding instead
of just sharing an idea. Oleg tried to turn it around and point out that if
Soni thinks this should happen then he should be ready to contribute the
work to see it happen.

-brett