[Python-ideas] Arguments to exceptions

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jul 3 19:46:13 EDT 2017

Paul Moore wrote:
> As noted, I disagree that people are not passing components because
> str(e) displays them the way it does. But we're both just guessing at
> people's motivations, so there's little point in speculating.

I've no doubt that the current situation encourages people
to be lazy -- I know, because I'm guilty of it myself!

Writing a few extra lines to store attributes away and format
them in __str__ might not seem like much, but in most cases
those lines are of no direct benefit to the person writing
the code, so there's little motivation to do it right.

--
Greg