[Python-ideas] get() method for list and tuples

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 3 15:06:13 EST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Kyle Lahnakoski <klahnakoski at mozilla.com>
wrote:

>  Python
> has a fundamentally different philosophy about None that conflicts with
> what I need for my domain [2] where I am transforming and interpreting
> data. Using a set of classes that make a different set of assumptions
> about None is not arduous, it keeps the definitions separate, and I
> still get all wonderfulness of Python.

not really related to this thread, but you may want to use your own
"sentinal" singletons, rather than special case code to deal with None.

i.e.

BadData
MissingData
UnSpecified

M.A. Lemberg has been talking about that on this list (in this thread? I've
lost track...)

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov