[Python-ideas] get() method for list and tuples

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 3 15:09:54 EST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Sven R. Kunze <srkunze at mail.de> wrote:

> For me to think (list/tuple).get() was needed would be if lots of folk
> either cast their lists to dicts or made their own list-dict class to solve
> that problem.
>

> The easier solution would be to provide list.get ;-)

Exactly -- I think that was the point -- if there is a lot of custom code
out there essentially adding a get() to a list -- then that would indicate
that is is broadly useful.

For my part, I think casting a list to a dict is often the RIGHT way to
address these issues.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov