[Python-ideas] IDEA

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 16:21:33 EDT 2017

There are quite a few Python IDEs, like PyCharm, Ninja, Spyder, PyDev, and
more. In addition, I would say that almost every currently existent text
editor has at least *some* Python support (I personally use Howl, though
I'll admit I'm rather biased, being part of the development team and all...
;)

To top things off, there have also been several efforts to improve IDLE:

- http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/idle.html
- http://idlex.sourceforge.net/

FWIW writing a good, stable, usable IDE is hard, too...

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Faaiz Asim via Python-ideas <
python-ideas at python.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently enrolled in computer science program and am currently in
> 6th semester. I am comfortable using c++,java,python in general. I know
> this is a little late for proposing an idea but i was busy in exams.
> Besides i wanted to get into something where i was determined to contribute
> to the society. It took a little while but i found this ultimately. I think
> i have a good idea for a project that might further facilitate the use of
> python.
> My experience with python suggests that python is one the best all
> rounders in market. Its a good and easy head start for newbies and a
> powerful tool in good hands.
>
> Although i haven't used any IDE for  python but i have serious complaints
> against lack of good code editors and python ides in general. I was
> suggested to use atom from my friends but i preferred rolling back to
> plain text editor for the trouble it cost me to shift to atom. Not
> degrading atom or python ides but lack of popularity of any pyhton ide (at
> least best to my knowledge) suggests a need for improvement in current
> ides.
> I am aware of the default IDE (IDLE) which ships with the default python
> package but I find it unsatisfactory in terms of debugging, aesthetics and
> usability etc. The main idea is to improve it or rebase it from the grounds
> up, and making it capable enough to ship with the python package.
>    (PS. i would love to develop a new IDE of my own even if that is
> besides GSoc )

Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura > ryo (supercell/EGOIST) > Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else
http://refi64.com/