[Python-ideas] Looking for input to help with the pip situation

Koos Zevenhoven k7hoven at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 06:59:22 EST 2017

On Nov 12, 2017 14:21, "Paul Moore" <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

[....]

> Virtualenvs are a hard tool to use for beginners.

Agreed. Genuine beginners just install Python, then use it. If they
install extra packages, they want them to be available to all of their
scripts.

Agreed.

>From personal experience, ​I do have to say that for my day-to-day normal
python *use*, I try to use a single environment (the default miniconda one)
for everything. Most of the time, that's enough. I suppose that makes me a
genuine beginner :-). Being able to conveniently installing a package into
the current environment from within any interactive interpreter would
definitely improve the beginner experience, I would say.

––Koos

[..]