[Python-ideas] Allow additional separator character in variables

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 22:16:54 EST 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:
> Mikhail V writes:
>
>  > On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>  > > Please kill this thread.
>  >
>  > So the idea is too bad?
>
> No, the idea is *not* bad, it's just not for Python.  As has been true
> for every one of your ideas for language tweaks that I can recall.

Not every, but many, yes. And there is plethora of proposals less
plausible and not for Python. Anyway, I'll stick to python-list better
for such topics.
BTW, as per Serhiy Storchaka's note:

my·variable
myᝍvariable
myㅡvariable
myⵧvariable
myㄧvariable
myㆍvariable

^ Is this good idea *for Python*? I mean this is not Python that
I knew. I don't know how it is possible. Looks like a result of
some unlucky nuclear experment. Might be it will not cause any possible
confusion, or less than a hyphen and a minus.

> The solution is as proposed earlier: create your own language. [...]
> language, because other people may feel the same level of attraction
> to it.

Not much interested in *my own language*. Simple translator for
hyphens and minuses I have already made, and I enjoy it.

If the new language thing would happen and gained popularity -
it would be the worst scenario - competing syntaxes, CO2 emissions,
community splittage, etc.
I don't endorse such ideas.

Mikhail