[Python-ideas] allow overriding files used for the input builtin

Wren Turkal w00t at fb.com
Mon Oct 2 12:12:48 EDT 2017

Paul,

Sorry for not replying to your message yet, I lost it in a well-intentioned try at digest delivery. Sorry about that, I am replying to this message: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2017-September/047236.html

I would guess that the context manager to override stdout does it globally. One of the reasons I like the params for input is that is doesn’t have to override the value globally by setting the module variable, which would affect other concurrent uses of input(). Thoughts?

Thanks,
wt