[Python-ideas] Changes to the existing optimization levels

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Oct 3 11:47:48 EDT 2017

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 09:42:40 -0600
Diana Clarke
<diana.joan.clarke at gmail.com> wrote:
>     - mixed-bag -X options are less discoverable than just adding a
> new command line option (like -N or -OOO)

For such a feature, I think being less discoverable is not really a
problem.  I don't think many people use the -O flags currently, and
among those that do I'm curious how many really benefit (as opposed to
seeing that Python has an "optimization" flag and thinking "great, I'm
gonna use that to make my code faster" without ever measuring the
difference).

Regards

Antoine.